Saturday, March 30, 2013

Forgive You Judas


Forgive Your Judas
Maybe he wasn't the nicest man
but Jesus saw something good there
he tried to set him right
gave him all the love and compassion
he had to give
but Judas just couldn't let him in,
his heart was empty
and Judas couldn't believe he was worth even a little love
Judas had a hole in his heart
so he couldn't see or feel
the love that was coming his way.
I'm wondering if the Judas within me
is any more willing to allow God's forgiving love
to seep into my broken heart and heal it.
Peter messed up too but he was healed
because he allowed love inside
But Judas just couldn't do it

he even used the  friendship sign of a kiss
as his final refusal to let Jesus transform him.
It was the kiss that hurt Jesus the most
 even more than the thorns or nails

i'm wondering if the Judas within me
has learned anything from that broken man
who earned 30 pieces of silver but hung himself on a tree.
I'm wondering if I believe enough in love and forgiveness
to open up my wounds and let in a little love
what if Judas had done that
what if I do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment