Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tempest Fugit -- Where did July go?

Tempest Fugit!  July has come and gone and here we are ready to move to August – where does the time go?  And apologies are in order since I haven’t written a blog for the whole month.

At the Franciscan Spiritual Center July is our Mini-Sabbath Program.  It is always an absolute delight.  Brother Michael Laratonda directs it using music, poetry, films, story telling, workshops, reflection, and Spiritual Guides; all touch deeply the hearts of our participated and allow them to enter more fully into a living the Incarnation, allowing both one’s humanity and divinity to unfold. 

Don’t take our word for it though, here are some of the comments from our participants:

  • What was most helpful was the permission and strong encouragement to address the “shadow” side of my life and to go deeper into one’s life to become “truly” whole.
  • Everyone here, Sisters, presenters, gardeners, housekeeping were welcoming and seemed glad we were there!
  • Gentle, tender and sensitive presentations and prayer services enhanced my journey.
  • Sr. Angela mirrored Franciscan hospitality in her selfless service during our mini-sabbath spiritual journey.
  • A beautiful spirit of community developed among those of us who participated in the mini-sabbath program and we truly enjoyed our time together.
  • As an artist you can imagine my delight at being given full unrestricted access to their fully stocked, organized art room.  Talk about a kid in a candy store.
  • Closing was very impressive, writing our letter that we will receive 3 or 4 months from now – And God’s letter to me.

If this appeals to you consider registering for the our Mini-Sabbath next Summer – the dates are July 6 to 27, 2014 and here is a link for  description and registration: Mini-Sabbath 2014

And what about me, how do I account for my whereabouts in the month of July? – Well I had the privilege of being in Colorado Springs, CO at the Mercy Center learning how to be a Spiritual Director.  It was a nourishing experience for me despite the fact that they worked us to the bones.  I learned a great deal about movement and countermovement, consolation and desolation, boundaries and ethics, about the Myers Briggs and the Enneagram and how they can be great tools for growing and helping others grow in their spirituality and prayer life.  I learned about dreams and mandalas, communication skills and lots more but what touched me the most was what I thought would touch me the least, i.e. Teresa of Avila.  I was amazed at her Inner Mansion and the journey we take to come to know ourselves, to heal our brokenness, and to allow ourselves to move with God’s grace into a unity that transforms our hearts.  In the presentation her spirituality was framed in a Jungian Perspective that made all the difference in the world to me.  Now I keep finding material to read to enrich that experience even more. 

Well at any rate I promise to be more faithful in August and the coming months.  I have no trips planned in the future so the website has my full attention.  Peace and all good things to you.  Our prayer is that your July was our joyful and peaceful as ours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment